Monday, January 28, 2013

Wingbacks, Poufs and Pillows

I've been eyeing a chair at World Market for the last few weeks and I can't get it out of my mind. I check their website every couple days to see if it's still available. So far, so good. They've marked the price down once, but I keep hoping that they'll mark it down even more so I can somehow justify it.

Elliott Wingback Chair in Pacific Blue

There's one problem with my idea ... we have a huge sectional in our living room, which doesn't leave space for any other seating. It's something that drives me crazy for a few reasons: 1) Additional seating would provide more variety to the room, allowing more design options for me, 2) Sometimes I want to rest my bum on something else ... I don't always want to get swallowed up by our large couch, and 3) It would be nice to have a variety of seating to provide our guests so we don't all have to pile onto the same piece of furniture together. 

The seating situation has driven me crazy ever since we started buying furniture for this house, but with such a long, narrow living room, we aren't left with any other options. That being said, there's still one open corner in our office and a wingback chair would be the perfect solution to the emptiness. We currently only have a computer chair in the office, so a second chair would be a nice addition. Yes, this is me justifying a future purchase ... please let the price drop even more ...

While going through my chair dilemma, I did a little online window shopping and came up with a few alternatives that might look good in our house. 

{1} Elliott Wingback Chair in Nutmeg - While I would really like the Elliott Wingback in Pacific Blue for our office (pictured above), the Nutmeg version would look great in other rooms of my house. The deep, rusty orange would complement the earth tones of the living room, while the Pacific Blue option would provide a splash of color against the gray and white decor in the office. And I think either chair would be a nice surprise in our Wedgwood Gray (bluish gray) and Chartreuse sunroom. I. Need. This. Chair.

World Market

{2} Crenshaw Light Grey Modern Club Chair - The coloring of this chair is a bit too neutral for my taste, but I would love to dress it up with a black and white striped throw, a fun accent pillow and a fancy little pouf. And while I would love it in our living room, I could really see this being a great choice for the corner in Jesse's office. I can already picture me curled up with my iPad while Jesse sits at the computer doing "computer work" aka paying bills.

Overstock

CB2

Ikea

{3} Arianna Stationary Occasional Chair in Aegean - While the upholstery of this chair is a more muted tone than my crush at World Market, I really like knowing it's a La-Z-Boy. The La-Z-Boy brand has been around forever, so I would feel good about spending a little more money to get a better product. The simple lines and muted color would allow me to mix in some fun accent pieces, like the pouf and pillow below.

La-Z-Boy

Nordstrom

Nordstrom

All of this online shopping is fun, but it sure does make me wish I could buy a few of these items for my house. Have you guys been scouting any good deals lately? It seems like January is a good time of year to find some of the best discounts and deals ... especially on clothes! But that's a post for a different day. :)


I know my posts were pretty sporadic in 2012, but I'm hoping to finally be done with all of the health issues I went through last year! I'm still being restricted quite a bit by the doctors, so it may be awhile before I have any projects to post about, but a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!